Friday, August 25, 2006

For you Mum

You are my mother and my friend,
Somehow our characters blend:
Your wisdom and my will.
I turn, and you are there for me;

I speak, you understand.
I feel cared for,
but also free;
You lead but don't command.

I'm fortunate that I was born
To someone just like you;
I love you,
not just as my mom,
But for what you are and do.


If I could give you the world
Or anything you wanted,
I'd give you my own heart and soul

I'd take upon myself your life's pain
And let you ease into some space
Where you could live again.
I wish that I could take your heart
And cleanse it with my tears,

And make your sorrow go away,
And answer all your fears.
For all that you have given me,
I can return nothing but love.

For You Bound up the wounds I did not see
And gave me hopes and passions new.
I can return nothing but love.
For you Whose unmoved faith
my heart did move,

And gave me hopes and passions new,
And loved me till I turned to love.
Before I was myself you made me, me
With love and patience, discipline and tears,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
Allowing me to sail upon my sea,
Though well within the headlands of your fears.

With dreams enough of what I was to be
And hopes that would be sculpted by the years,
Relinquishing your powers gradually
To let me shape myself among my peers.

And being good and wise,
For love inspires learning naturally:
The mind assents to what the heart reveres.
And so it was through love you made me, me
By slowly stepping back to set me free.

I love you mum for what i am today ..
for all your hardships and for all the faith
you hold in me .

I love you a lot Mum.

2 comments:

Srikanth said...

again and again nice writing, keep it up..

vi[c]ky said...

thanks supni,
its just you know a little here and there